PowerSchool Parent Portal Setup Guide
What is PowerSchool Parent Portal?
PowerSchool Parent Portal gives parents and students access to real-time information including attendance, grades and detailed assignment descriptions, school bulletins and even personal messages from a teacher. PowerSchool’s Parent Portal provides single sign-on access. With single sign-on access, parents create and maintain their account using the appropriate access credentials. Once parents have created their account, they will be able to manage their account information, link any and all students to their account (for whom they have parental or legal rights), and set email and notifications preferences for each student linked to the account. If account sign-in information has been forgotten, it can be retrieved by using the “auto-recovery” feature on the sign-in page.
How to Log-In to The Parent Portal
Use the following procedure to create a new parent account. In order to create an account, you must have the Access ID and Password for at least one student enrolled at RSU #73. When creating the account, you will need the Access ID and Password for each student that you would like associated with your parent account. If you do not have this information or have questions, please contact the school.
- Open your web browser to the RSU 73 Power School URL; rsu73.powerschool.com or from the link that is located at the top of the RSU73.com website. The parent Sign-in page appears.
- Click on Create Account near the bottom. (Figure 1.A)
- Fill in the Create Parent Account form, shown below in Figure 1.B. Note: You will choose your own username and password. Passwords must be a least 8 characters. You may be prompted to select a different username if one already exists with another user in the system.
- Enter the student’s First name, Last Name, Web Access ID & Web Access Password (Which you can receive from your School Office Staff) and your relationship to him/her for each student. Note: The first name is the full name as indicated on their school enrollment form.
- Repeat Step 4 to add additional students to your account, if you have more than one student being added.
- Click Enter. If successful, you will be directed to the Parent Sign-In Screen. If you receive an error message, you will need to make any corrections it suggests and fill in the passwords again.
If you need assistance, or have concerns with the Parent Portal, please feel free to contact RSU 73 Power School Support at: firstname.lastname@example.org.